Thursday, January 20, 2011

Australian Open, Melbourne

As I was in Melbourne for the week working at Head Office, I took the opportunity to go to the evening session at the Australian Open. General admission meant I could wander the outer courts, making the most of the evening sunshine. The first game was to watch the Argentian David Nalbandian play. Unfortunately he retired hurt so could not see a full game but did get a good view of the cityscape from my seat.





Next I sat on the grass watching the big screen showing the Australian Sam Stouser playing on the main Rod Laver court along with hundreds of other Aussie fans - fortunately she won!





Then finally watched Andy Murray convincingly win his second round match - the crowd was brilliant, loads of Scots cheering him on.







Had great seat here as quite a small court and close to the action.






Then headed back to the hotel by tram - view of the city at night.

No comments: