Saturday, December 29, 2007

First Fishing Trip


Today I went on my first fishing trip with Paul to the Kaipara harbour north west of Auckland. I didn't enjoy the early start 3am wake up to be at the dock for 5am!! - at least we saw sunrise...






This is me before the violent rocking of the boat caused a brief period of sea sickness...though this didn't stop me reeling in several snappers and kahawai




Boat was great - spacious and plenty of room for all the chilly bins full of beer, and later fish, good preparation areas for bleeding and gutting fish, and baiting the lines. Skipper was very good knowing all the good spots, and forced me to keep fishing through my sea sickness.





After the fishing came the eating... The first snapper was eaten raw sashimi style - amazing!! The second snapper was cooked whole on the BBQ.





The finished meal!







Charlie was very non-plussed about the whole thing, that was until we gave him some freshly cooked snapper - we may have started something we will live to regret there...

No comments: